Sunday 13 January 2013

late new year, vassen sweet eye & latest moods

Happy New Year everyone!~
I am late again... as always. You must be used to it by now, haha. I've had a lot to do for university but I finally decided to not give a fuck about it because the stress makes me physically sick and its really not worth it. Still sort of tensed about exams. I have never failed a class and don't plan to!
Anyhow, now officially not giving a fuck anymore. If I fail, I fail - done. I want my private life back.

I haven't done much these days (got sick right around Christmas, right after I went to the Black Line live) but I managed to take a few pictures of my lenses before I actually went to the concert. The ones I bought the last time were called 'Sweet Eye Grey' by Vassen. They appeared very nice to me on the picture on the PinkyParadise site but when I wore them, I wasn't impressed at all.


Actually I hate them. They are bright but I think they are too big! Too much colour. Yes there is such a thing as too much colour haha. Because they are so big but are only one-toned and have a very thin black rim, they look just wrong to me. Sort of anime-like maybe? And my eyes got really dry and red from them. (Though I get this more often than before nowadays.)

Comfort ★☆☆☆
Colour/Design ★★☆☆
Overall ★☆☆☆

I've bought lenses from PinkyParadise that dried out my eyes before. I don't know why it always happens with them. Lenses from LensVillage did not give me that problem but maybe it is just a coincidence.
After wearing them again after that, I would not recommend them. My eyes hurt after a few hours. The colour is too bold, I don't know... something is wrong with these. It could just be me of course.
But: whoever said that high water content is good for dry eyes is an idiot. It's not. Mostly those lenses with lower water content are better for dry eyes. Anyway, it was worth a try.


After Christmas I met two of my friends here in Germany (the same who I met in Japan in summer, too). It was great to talk about all sorts of things and hang out casually, even though we did not really do much.



 I got a present too! It consisted of many sweet little things. Very useful as well, haha. 
I usually never shop at claire's but that rouge brush is definitely something I always wanted to get.


That's pretty much all I have to tell! All that's on my mind lately is that university really sucks.

Apart from that, I find myself often considering to let my natural hair colour grow again and to grow the blonde out. The ombre or two-tone trend has been going on quite a while. So I was thinking I could let it grow out as long as it is considered somewhat fashionable haha. Then again I don't know if I can stand that for too long. Anna Fujita had been wearing that kind of hair style a lot though, so I might try.



I think if I really let it grow out my hair would mostly look like on the left, but a tad lighter (my natural hair colour is an dark ash blonde/light grey-brown?). I already started to colour my roots darker than the rest so that it actually looks like on the right picture. That is because I don't want to bleach any part apart from the newly grown hair anymore. And thankfully, my hair seems to really actually grow that way... at least more or less. At least it looks more healthy to me since I do that. And I do like how it looks on the right picture but bleaching still seems bad for my hair and scalp. Looking badass-blonde always takes its troll.

What do you all think of this kind of hair style (two-tone/ombre)? How do you think of natural hair colours and do you often crave to 'go back to your roots'? I'd love to hear your opinions!

No comments:

Post a Comment