Wednesday 31 August 2011

キラキラ quality clothes - only not really.

Hello there, everyone~
Have you been looking through the summer sales lately? (Or like me, switching between looking for new clothes and the new gazette single to be leaking through? And for certain guys to reply to your mails? Haha.) Or in general, did you buy a lot of clothes?

As for me, of course I bought some stuff in Japan, but after having been there three times now, I also gathered my old stuff which I am still wearing and took a look at it. To be honst, when I came to the 109 for the first time, I thought the quality of the fabrics is rather bad. By now I'm not sure if it's just the washing machine, but some of my stuff looks nothing like before and I'm kind of sad about it ; ;
Anyway, let's take a look at a few of my clothes gathered over the last year.


top row from left: ma*rs (jacket), ma*rs (top), skinny lip (striped dress), spiga (cardigan), d.i.a. (pinestripe cami), barak (long cami), strip cabaret (shirt)
bottom row: taboo (hot pants), sneep dip (cami)

This is less than half of my clothes, especially since I bought new ones, but apart from the skinny lip dress, all clothes are almost one year old and I came to realize which brands offer good quality and which don't ;<
So I thought it would be good to have a little rating and share experiences with you all. How did your 109 clothes become over the months/years? Do you handwash everything or throw it mostly in the washing machine like me? I'm curious! So let's go.

MA*RS - ★★★☆
quality of the fabric ★★★☆ 
deformation of clothes ★★★★
defects
feels like good quality clothing but tends to slightly wear out after a while, though not as bad as other brands. as for the jacket - only about 6 months later a button fell off that could not be fixed at all. very unhappy about that one! i hope that was an exceptional case.

SKINNY LIP - ★★★☆
quality of the fabric ★★★☆
deformation of clothes ★★★☆
defects ★★★☆
what shall i say? very similar to d.i.a. - has a lot of bling and a lot of danger for it to fall off or cause the clothes to deform. a belt i bought only a week ago already lost a rhinestone. not uncomfortable, but most likely to be worn out quickly.

SPIGA - ★★★☆
quality of the fabric ★★★★
deformation of clothes ★★★★
defects ★★☆☆
quality is very nice, doesn't give off fluff, yet feels very soft and light-weight, but still warm. i wore this item way too much - yet no reason for it to lose a button and half of the pocket to fall off because of loose threads (*_*);;

D.I.A. - ★★☆☆
quality of the fabric ★★★★
deformation of clothes ★★☆☆
defects ★★☆☆
as for quality of the fabric, my mind is not very set. they tend to use fabric that doesn't give off fluff. which doesn't mean it's really good fabric. but it feels nice on the skin for the most part. in contrast to that, the clothes get worn out easily... for example i cannot properly adjust the straps of the pinestripe cami anymore. and a belt i owned had a chain and a leather band slipping out of where they used to be fixed...

BARAK - ★★★★
quality of the fabric ★★★★
deformation of clothes ★★★★
defects ★★★★
a little expensive, but very high quality clothing! things are not cheaply printed on but the colour is literally painted on/inside of it! no washing machine can destroy this. it's magic! thumbs up.

STRIP CABARET - ★☆☆☆
quality of the fabric ★☆☆☆
deformation of clothes ★★☆☆
defects ★★★☆
depends on what you get, but my shirt is - in terrible condition. i can't even think of selling it, the lace has holes, it's deformed and the fabric doesn't feel so nice anymore. only still has a nice back view. cheap.

TABOO - ★★☆☆
quality of the fabric ★★☆☆
deformation of clothes ★★★☆
defects ★★★☆
i overall got several pairs of pants and a shirt from there. it's not really comfortable and gets a weird fit after a while but maybe that is just my body. quality is okay, but nothing you could call great.

SNEEP DIP - ★★★★
quality of the fabric ★★★★
deformation of clothes ★★★☆
defects ★★★★
the deformation of clothes is not so extreme, but the bust-cups tended to slip and give you an uncomfortable feeling sometimes! though if you fix them properly after washing it's mostly fine. apart from that i was surprised - afforable and quite good quality clothing!

That's all so far :D I almost lost this post because my firefox shut down - luckily blogger saved it - so I better stop here, haha.
I might add some brands later after wearing the things I bought for a bit longer - for now I'm off to genuinely enjoy REMEMBER THE URGE ♪♪

2 comments:

  1. This is so informative, I really appreciate this post! I hate it when I pay too much on low quality clothes tbh! May I request quality check of tutuHA and Cocolulu? Im very noob to both brands and I'd be superrrr delighted if you can enlighten me about it :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm glad someone can find use in this information!
    I will review tutuHA after wearing it for a while :D About cocolulu, I only tried one pair of hot pants on but never actually bought anything :< I hope someone else will review!

    By the way, I just saw you have a new layout - so cute!!

    ReplyDelete